The 10 (ten) day notice to quit is a legal document served by a property owner to the renter(s) of the rented property because they contravened the terms of the lease agreement. This document provides the renter(s) an opportunity to clear the specific contravention or to move out of the property
If the contravention is not cleared within ten (10) days of the notice date, and the renter (s) have not left the property, the property owner is now within their rights to dissolve the lease, according to state laws. The property owner starts these actions by filling in this document and providing service or delivery.
Washington 10-Day Notice to Quit (Template)
10-Day Notice to Quit: Washington State Washington State 10-Day Notice to Comply or Vacate.
Download: Microsoft Word (.docx)
Washington Laws – RCW 59.12.130
How to Write (Washington 10-Day Notice)
Step 1 – Determine the renter’s Name to Direct the Document
- The property owner must enter the name of the primary renter on the lease agreement at the top of the page that this document shall be served to (the notice to quit will automatically be sent to all other renters)
Step 2 – Location of the property
- The full address of the property where the contravention took place
Step 3 –Non-Compliance Description
- Describe the contravention of the lease that requires correction for the renter(s) to remain on the property as a renter(s)
Step 4 – Date the Document is Executed
- The property owner enters the date the document is executed in dd/mm/yyyy format
Step 5 – Signature –
- The property owner or their agent must sign the document
- The signatory must print their name
- Include the property owner or agent’s full address
Washington 10-Day Notice to Quit (Non-Compliance) – Format
To: (Primary tenant named on the Lease)
And to All Renters in Occupancy
Each of you are advised that you have violated the regulations, rules, obligations, restrictions, rental agreement of your rental at the property (Full address of the property).
Your violations are described as: (indicate the details of the violation)
As per RCW 59.12.030, all tenants are requested within 10 days of notice of this letter being served to either comply with the requirements of your agreement as mentioned above or vacate the property. Failing to comply or leave the property, your rental agreement will be terminated and the property owner will be entitled to all relief, remedies and damages as allowed by law.
Dated (Add Date)
(Add Full Address)