To study, host events, or pursue given courses, one needs money. Unfortunately, not many people have this money at their disposal. They have to obtain it from philanthropists, called sponsors or benefactors. It is only a matter of courtesy for these sponsors or benefactors have to be thanked for their generosity.
A ‘Sponsor Thank You Letter’ comes in here. It aims at expressing gratitude to a sponsor for his kindness of heart and the material help or support he has already given towards a course. The tone of this letter has to be very polite, humble, and calming. It is mainly drafted after the handoff generosity has been extended.
How to Write a Sponsorship Thank You Letter
Follow the steps below to write a satisfactory sponsorship Thank You Letter:
- Select the right format – The business format is by far the most suitable for this task of drafting a sponsorship Thank You Letter. It is official and tends to convey some fair degree of seriousness.
- Identify yourself – Next, you need to identify yourself or the company you work for. This entails you disclosing your personal or company details, contacts, and address.
- Express your gratitude – Get to the core of the letter now. At this stage, you should now express your gratitude for the help that your sponsor provided. Be specific with the kind of help you received, the exact event that was impacted, and the date when that happened. Mention the exact amount of money and how it impacted your life.
- Close the letter – Close the letter sincerely and ask your sponsor to stand with you in the future if need be again. Sign and stamp the letter (if possible).
Sample Sponsor Thank You Letter
We now leave you with a sample ‘Sponsor Thank You Letter’ here below:
Mr. Brian Oberembt,
Senior Projects Coordinator,
Food for the Needy,
1305 Hancock Street,
Quincy, MA 02169, USA.
Saturday, April 24th, 2021,
Mr. Jeremy Carlson,
Chief Executive Officer,
Office Solutions Limited,
85 Quincy Avenue,
Braintree, MA 02184, USA.
To host and facilitate our food for the needy campaign, which was held on Saturday, April 17, 2021, you, alongside several other philanthropists from the wider Massachusetts State, did offer generous monetary contributions.
You specifically contributed a whopping $25,000 towards that course of out the total $130,000 which we needed. Put differently, you contributed $19% of the sum total amount of money we needed.
Indeed, the food for the needy campaign might never have happened, or if it did, may never be that much of a success it was without your generous contributions.
We sincerely thank you for the support you gave us.
Please bear in mind that this is an annual event. As such, we plan to hold similar events in the future on an annual basis. If you so wish, you may continue lending us the necessary help and support.
May GOD richly bless you for your large heart!
Mr. Brian Oberembt,
Senior Projects Coordinator.
Sponsor Thank You Letter Templates
Importance of Sponsor Thank You Letter
This letter is important in the following ways:
- Expresses gratitude to the benefactor for the material, financial or emotional support that the said person granted to the beneficiary.
- Demonstrates that you have a grateful heart and that you really appreciate the support you receive to implement your dreams.
- Encourages the philanthropist to continue offering such support in the future. This is great for the sake of establishing a nice rapport with the sponsors.
- Instills a sense of value and worthiness to the sponsors by letting them know that whatever they give out is appreciated and utilized properly.
- Contributes towards the accountability of the entire process. By quoting those figures and expressing the relevant percentages, the sponsors do have a feeling that every penny they give out is properly accounted for.
Most sponsorships rely on a good rapport between the sponsor and the beneficiary. As such, you have to make every effort to make the sponsor valued and appreciated. Other than utilizing the funds for the purposes intended, one sure way of building this rapport is to draft a ‘thank you’ letter of this kind periodically.
Not only does the sponsor get to know that he has a place in the heart of your organization, but also is he encouraged to extend a helping hand if and when need be. We are now confident that you have what it takes to draft this letter well and to cheer up your sponsors!