An individual should give a two weeks’ notice to the employer when he or she plans to leave the job for good. However, sometimes the circumstances are not favorable, and it would be necessary to hand in a short notice resignation letter. It is important to write a professional letter.
Reading a sample letter can be of great assistance when writing a short notice resignation letter.
Short Notice Resignation Letter Format
Name of Employee
Address of Employee
City, State, Zip Code
Date: Insert Date here
Name of Employer
Title of Employer
Name of Organization
Address of Organization
City, State, Zip Code
Dear Sir/Madam, (or insert the last name of the person here instead of Sir/Madam)
I am writing this letter to inform you that I am resigning from the position of Sales Manager from ABC Company. Please accept this letter as a formal resignation. My last day on the company would be on (Insert date here). Two weeks’ notice is standard but due to unforeseen circumstances, I have to leave as soon as possible.
I am glad to assist during this transaction.
Thank you for everything you have taught me during the last three years. I have enjoyed working with the ABC Company.
24 Hours’ Notice Resignation Letter
Dear Sir/Madam,With due respect, I would like to inform you that I am resigning from the position of Marketing Manager effective immediately. My last day in office would be tomorrow (Insert date here). I express my apologies for such short notice, but circumstances are beyond my control.
Kindly forward my final paycheck to the home address. I will be grateful.
Thank you for all what you have taught me during the last three years.
Resignation Letter Effective Immediately
Dear Sir/Madam,Please accept this letter as a formal resignation effective immediately. My last day at work will be tomorrow (Insert date here).
I am resigning from the position of Business Coach due to personal reasons; however, I have immensely enjoyed working with you and the customers. You can reach me at 555-555-555.
Let me know if I can be of any assistance during this transition.
Resignation Letter (Without Notice)
Dear Sir/Madam,Please accept this letter as my formal resignation from the post of Sales Manager. I express my apology for not providing two weeks’ notice due to unforeseen circumstances. My last day at the office will be tomorrow (insert date here).
Kindly deliver my final paycheck at the home address.
Thank you so much for the valuable insight. I have immensely enjoyed my time at this company.
Short Notice Resignation Letter
Please accept this letter as a formal resignation from the position of Finance Manager. My last day at the office will be on (insert date here). I apologize for a short notice due to personal reasons.
Thank you so much for teaching me everything. Let me know how I can assist during this transaction.
Tips for Writing a Short Notice Resignation Letter
- Keep it Formal: This letter would be a part of your employee file and thus, it is important that you follow the appropriate format for writing this particular letter.
- Keep it Short: The content of the letter should be concise and to the point. It would be wise to keep it short. Mention the date on which you will leave the company for good.
- Give Reason if Possible: If you can, it would be wise to mention the reason for leaving the job; however, if you are quitting because you found a better job somewhere else, do not give details.
- Edit the Letter: Reread the letter several times and find any mistakes. There can be spelling mistakes so read it repeatedly.
- Proofread: Spelling and grammar mistakes should be completely avoided and if possibly ask someone to give it a second look.
- Thank the Employer: Do not forget to thank the employer for all what they have taught you.