A rejection thank you letter is written to than a person or an organization after rejection of a proposal or application. After receiving a rejection, it is not easy to write a letter thanking the other party for allowing you to submit your proposal, application or bid. You may lack the words and format to say thank you politely and professionally.
A sample rejection thank you letter will assist you to choose the right words and organize them in the correct format.
Rejection Thank You Letter Format
Dear (Recipients name),
I thank you for inviting me for an interview to discuss the position of the assistant technical officer at your company. I enjoy learning about what you are doing to change lives.
Though I was disappointed to learn that you chose another candidate for the position, I express my sincere gratitude for the chance and the opportunity to learn your plans for the next year. Your project on health communication was my greatest interest.
I hope you will consider me for future openings at your company. I desire to work for an organization that I admire like (company name).
Rejection Thank You Letter Example
Scholarship Rejection Thank You Letter
This letter informs the scholarship awarding organization that the applicant appreciated being part of the process though they did not qualify. The writer should request to be considered for future scholarships.
Application Rejection Thank You Letter
This is a letter written by an applicant to express their gratitude though their application was rejected. The language used in the letter should be professional and polite.
Grant Thank You Letter
Employment Thank You Letter
Candidate Rejection Letter
Proposal Rejection Letter
Bid Thank You Rejection Letter
Job Offer Rejection Thank You Letter
This is a letter written to a successful candidate for a job offer to the company offering the job rejecting the offer. It should state the reasons for rejecting the offer. It should follow the typical business format.
Interview Rejection Thank You Letter
The letter is written to appreciate the opportunity for attending an interview despite been unsuccessful in the interview. The writer should request for consideration for future jobs in the company. One must use polite language when writing this letter.
Tips for writing rejection thank you letter
- Use template. Rejection letter templates are a useful guide on the language and format to use.
- Maintain a calm tone. Though you have received a rejection, thank the person/company/ organization for the chance.
- Be clear in your writing. Avoid writing a long letter. Be short and precise.
- Request to be considered for future openings. In the letter, request for consideration in case similar chances arises in the company.
- Use the right words. Make sure you remain professional while writing the letter. Use language that is acceptable I corporate sectors.
- If you are rejecting an offer, state exact reasons why you have declined the offer.