The telephone is, without a doubt, one of the oldest and most effective means of communication for businesses and customers/clients, suppliers, creditors, partners, and even investors. It’s a fast and convenient way for the parties involved to pass or receive messages. That’s why most businesses and companies have telephone systems manned by their receptionists, secretaries, or other types of employees. The job of these professionals is to make, receive, or proceed calls to concerned departments or individuals within their organizations.
Another important duty for them is to record complete details about each and every single phone message received the whole day on phone message slips and pads. This record of phone messages is later revisited by the concerned parties and the necessary action is taken. With that said, let’s take a close look at phone message slips or pads templates:
- The full name and the job title (if applicable) of the caller.
- The name of the organization (if applicable) of the caller.
- The name of the person in the organization for whom the call is intended.
- The date as well as the exact time when the call was received.
- The phone number of the caller.
- A short description of the details of the call.
Phone Message Templates & Sample Forms
Sample Message Form 1
|For: Mr. Jake Blake|
|Time: 10:00 A.M|
|M: Tim Richards|
|Of: Telnec Communications|
|Message: Mr. Richards, the CEO of Telnec Communications would like to talk with you over the phone.|
|Signed: Will call again.|
Sample Message Form 2
|For: Michael Burns|
|Time: 8:45 A.M|
|M: Henry Truman, CEO|
|Of: Truman Logistics|
|Message: Mr. Truman wants to schedule an appointment with you.|
|Signed: Please call.|
Answering Machine Messages
- MS Word
Basic Phone Message
Business phone message
General Company Phone Message
Holiday Phone Message
Personal Phone Message
Phone Message Template
Promotional Phone Message
- MS Word
Benefits of a Phone Message Template
- A phone message template allows you to keep track of all the calls made to your entity with more ease.
- A phone message template enables the messages to be effectively relayed to the concerned parties.
- A phone message template is so versatile that it can befit the need for any type of business.
- A Phone message template adds professionalism to the businesses, which is good for business.
- A phone message template contributes to transparency in communication, which is an important process in any business.
Sample Phone Message
Seasonality Phone Message
Short Phone Message
- MS Excel
Taking Telephone Message
Urgent Phone Message
- MS Word
Vacation phone message
- MS Word
Tips for Taking Phone Messages Effectively
- Ensure you choose the right template that has sufficient space on it for your receptionist or secretary to record all the details of calls effectively.
- Properly orient your employees who are concerned with the telephone system on the telephone message template is to be used.
- Avoid confusion as well as misunderstandings by ensuring your template is clear and simple enough to understand.
- Make sure the template is placed right next to the telephone with a pen on hand.
- Remember to record the details about the date and the time of the call on the template.
- Be sure to spell names correctly. If you don’t know the right spelling of a name, you can ask the caller to help you out.
- Ask if the message or the call is urgent. Doing so lets you determine whether to find or contact the intended recipient immediately or wait until they show up.
- Read the details of your recorded message back to the caller before hanging up to ensure you did get them correctly.
- Ensure the person whom the call is intended for does gets the message as soon as possible.
- Lastly, write your name or initials at the bottom of the template to confirm that you’ve received the call.
A phone message template can be an excellent way to record messages received from various phone calls that come into your business. Knowing how to use your phone message template effectively can go a long way in this process. Nevertheless, the advantages of using a good phone message template cannot be emphasized enough. From allowing you to keep track of all the calls made to your entity with more ease to adding transparency to the communication process of your business, the list of ways in which the template can benefit your business is quite long. Having said that, you can get started with phone message template samples shared above if you don’t know where to start.