No matter your upbringing, Mother’s Day and/or Father’s Day was probably a staple holiday celebration in your home. Whether it was because of your schooling or your own parent’s, these days are worldwide celebrations that are meant to pay tribute to our parents everywhere. We need to show them that they are loved and appreciated.
While many people buy gifts for these holidays, it can often be hard to find the perfect thing for mom or dad. Dad doesn’t need another new tie and mom probably isn’t looking forward to another bracelet. That is where a gift certificate comes in. While you can purchase a gift certificate from their favorite store or restaurant, you can also create your own gift certificates that are truly special for mom or dad.
Mother’s Day and Father’s Day Gift Certificate Templates
Why a Gift Certificate is the Best Gift For Your Parents?
Gift certificates offer parents the ability to choose their own gift, if it is for a specific dollar amount. They can also be made for unique services, such as a massage, doing the dishes for a week, or taking out the trash when it isn’t your week or day. These types of gifts are unique and will light up a parent’s day more than yet another cliche gift. Customized certificates with their names on it and special messages are even better for parents to receive.
Key Points to a Perfect Gift Certificate
The key to a successful gift certificate is to make sure that your design is both attractive and contains a few key details. The following points should be included in all gift certificates:
- A design that appeals to your parents. This can include their favorite colors or a themed design that matches their interest.
- What the certificate may be redeemed for should be plainly listed on the certificate. If it is for a dollar amount, this should be obvious, just as it should be if it is for a specific gift, as well.
- Who the certificate is to should be plainly legible on the card.
- Who purchased or created the certificate should be listed and plain on the card.
If you include these key points, whether you are a business or an individual just looking for a unique gift, you will create a strong gift card.
Mother’s and Father’s Day gift certificates can include anything that your imagination may come up with. However, if you are looking for a suggestion, here are a few things that you can do:
- Make the certificate for a dollar amount. This allows them to purchase something up to a certain amount that they will enjoy.
- Chores: Gift certificates can be made out to do chores for your parents, which are always incredibly appreciated. For instance, you may create a certificate that says you will wash the dishes for a week or that you will take out the trash.
- Dinner dates: You can create gift certificates that offer to take your parent out to dinner is always a good gift idea. Taking your parent out for dinner is a good excuse for them to spend time with you and to get a bite to eat, as well!
There are endless options that you can look into when it comes to creating a gift certificate, but these are just a few suggestions.
How to Edit a Mother’s or Father’s Day Gift Certificate Template
All of the mother’s and Father’s Day gift certificate templates offered here are fully customizable and editable. You can edit and customize the certificates in Microsoft Word by changing colors, fonts, text, and adding or subtracting pictures. Only the background cannot be customized because the image is not editable in a word processing program. Some of the templates are also offered as PDF format downloads, which can be easily edited utilizing Adobe or other programs that are standards on a Mac.