A landlord reference letter is a letter written by a landlord as requested by his or tenant, this letter can be used to prove the tenant’s address or other purposes that are related to the tenancy. It also contains several information regarding the landlord’s agreement with the tenant and the tenant’s character.
Without this letter, the new landlord might not be able to know the kind of person he or she is leasing or renting a property to, therefore with this letter, instances like bad tenant behavior can be avoided.
Tips for writing a landlord reference letter
- When writing the letter, it is important that you be honest, whatever you write in that letter should be all true, and you should not use your feelings as guidance.
- You should write a letter focusing on only the facts, especially facts about his or her behavior.
- Avoid mentioning personal issues about the tenant, especially race, ethnicity or gender.
- Although such letters have no standard formats, it would be great if you make it look formal.
- Make your letter as short as possible so that your recipient can read the whole letter.
Landlord Reference Letter Format
City, ST ZIP Code
New Landlord’s Name,
City, ST ZIP Code.
Dear Mr. /Mrs. /Ms. (New landlord’s Last Name),
Start this paragraph by stating your reason for writing this letter, while doing that, you should mention the name of your tenant, the name of your property and the period for which you have had him or her as a tenant.
Mention the amount of rent he or she used to pay, did he pay it on time or failed to pay his rents at all, all those should be included.
Explain your tenancy experience with him or her, remember to be honest, and do not fail to mention positive experience you had with him or her.
Make your recipient feel free to contact you again in case of any clarification and provide your working telephone number or email address.
Landlord Reference Letter Template
Landlord Reference Form
This is a form given to the landlord by the tenant to fill in the relevant information required by the new landlord in order to access a new apartment, this form is important because, with it, one cannot fail to address all issues that are supposed to be addressed while referencing.
Landlord Work Reference Letter
Reference Letter for House Purchase Landlord
Basic Landlord Reference Letter
Landlord Reference Letter for Tenant
This is a guideline directing the landlord on how he or she should write a reference letter for his or her tenant, using this format will make work easier for you because you will know everything that should be included in that letter.
Landlord Reference Letter From Previous Landlord
Landlord Reference Letter From Employer
This is a reference letter written by the tenant’s employer to the landlord of the apartment which he or she wishes to rent from, this will enable the landlord to know which kind of person he is renting his property to.
Landlord Reference Letter For Friend
A reference letter was written by a landlord referring his or her friend to the apartment he or she wished to rent, this will help the new landlord get the relevant information he or she needed about that tenant (friend).
Landlord Reference Letter PDF
Landlord Reference Letter in PDF
Landlord Reference Letter Sample
Landlord Reference Letter WORD
Landlord Reference Letter Example
Landlord Reference Letter in WORD
What to write in a landlord reference letter?
- It should contain your name, official address, the name of your property as well as those of your recipient.
- The salutation of the recipient
- The start and end dates of the tenancy.
- Indicate if there has been any late payment or not, if there was, mention if there were any valid reason or you had to provide them with notice.
- If there were any complaints about the tenant, you will have to include it.
- Inspect your property and check whether it is in good condition, if so then you will include this in the letter too.
- Include your mobile phone number.