From time to time, circumstances may often arise that may necessitate you to shift your residence. This calls for you to transfer from one branch of the same company to another. To be able to effect such a change flawlessly, you inevitably have to draft a job transfer to another branch Request letter.
The request letter for a job transfer to another branch is basically a letter which you draft to the management of your firm asking it to shift you to another branch of the said company.
Most letters of these kinds are often deemed officially and treated with a high degree of significance. You cannot, therefore, gamble at all with them. You definitely have to get it right by all means. It is for this reason that using a sample letter for a job transfer to another branch as a guide may make things simpler, clearer, and easier.
Factors to Consider When Writing a Job Transfer Request Letter
- The Addressee: You have to factor the addressee or the person who will eventually read the letter and take the necessary course of action. In most organizations, it is the personnel or human resource manager who is responsible for such actions. Do give the said persons some respect as you address them.
- Purpose of the Transfer: Not every request may be granted, for obvious reasons. You, therefore, have to come up with a very genuine reason to want to be transferred. These grounds, regardless of their nature, have to be consistent with the overall ethos of the organization to be deemed plausible.
- Tone: While writing the letter, be mindful of the tone. Do not write as though you are demanding your right. It is true that it is your right to seek a transfer. However, request the management to consider your plea favorably rather than compelling them to act in your favor. They will more likely grant your wish.
- Expected Ends: Do not feel shy to state to the management what you expect them to do for you. Be plain and clear on what you would want from them. This is to eliminate any ambiguities which may arise. It is also to give the management a clearer view of what course of action to take.
- Prevailing Environment: Lastly, you also have to factor the prevailing environment. At times it may not always be possible to affect a transfer however deserving you might feel. With regards to this, you have to leave your options open and be willing to take any alternative suggested for you.
The Human Resource Manager,
ABC Trading Company Limited,
Date: 00 / 00 / 0000
RE: REQUEST FOR A JOB TRANSFER TO ANOTHER BRANCH
I am an employee of your sacred company. I am employed as a customer care executive. I am attached to the Customer Care Department. I would, however, wish to be transferred to your Bristol, United Kingdom branch but in the same capacity.
My desire for a transfer has been occasioned by the transfer of my husband to the said location. It is therefore well in line with your organizational policy.
I know too well that my departure from the Gloucester branch shall create a void which might never be filled soon. However, it is not my fault either to desire to relocate. Sorry for any inconveniences well in advance.
Please consider my plea with pity.
Job Transfer Request Letter Example
Internal Transfer Letter
This is a letter which seeks to have the management transfer you from one department to another of the same organization. For instance, you might want to relocate from the sales to the human resource department. It is basically an official expression of interest to that effect.
Letter for Job Transfer to Another Branch
Job Transfer Request Letter
If you desire to vacate one job in favor of another, you have to draft the job relocation transfer letter. Through this letter, you basically ask the company to relieve you of your current duties and re-assign you completely new duties altogether.
Job Transfer Request Letter Relocation
Transfer Letter Format
Even though the job transfer request letters may be availed in several formats, the Word is by far the most recommended format for such letters. This format is easier to edit than the others. It is also usable across several platforms and computers owing to its universally accepted nature.
Transfer Confirmation Letter Template
After your request for transfer has been granted, it is only fair to write an official letter to acknowledge the same. This is the role that the transfer confirmation letter template aims to meet. It basically acts as a guide on how to draft a letter of that kind.
Application Letter from Lecturer to DCO Requesting for Transfer
Teacher Job Transfer Request Letter
Teachers are by far one of the most versatile professionals. They find relevance and applicability in diverse locations and working conditions. It is for these reasons that they knowing to draft a teacher job transfer request letter makes great sense.
Sample Letter for Job Transfer For Employee
Printable Letter for Job Transfer to Another Branch
Job Transfer Request Letter To Other Branch DOC
How to Write a Job Transfer Request Letter
Step I: Determine the Purpose of the Transfer
Start off by determining the purpose of the transfer. As stated, transfers will only be affected if they are genuine and line up with the overall policies of the organizations. You therefore only have to proceed to the next steps if the purpose of your transfer is valid and falls within the organizational parameters.
Step II: Show Cause why a Transfer is Necessary
After coming up with a good reason for a transfer, you now have to show cause why a transfer is necessary for you. You basically have to explain why the problem you are facing can only be solved through a transfer. It is only then that such a transfer can be effected.
Step III: Keep your Option Open
As stated, it may not always be that your wishes shall be granted. This is because the management will often have to consider the ‘big picture’ while arriving at such a decision. They may compel you to stay on even if you truly deserve and qualify for a transfer.
Step IV: Ask for a One-on-one Meeting if Possible
Sometimes a written letter may in and of itself be sufficient. You will often have to meet the management for a one-on-one meeting for the sake of offering further clarification. Be open to this as well. As a matter of fact, you have to highlight it in the letter.
Step V: Apologize for any Inconveniences in Advance
Being transferred from one station to another definitely comes along with some inconveniences on the part of the company. Finding another person who may completely fit your shoes may not always be simple. It is therefore wise and strongly recommended that you apologize in advance for any inconveniences that your transfer shall cause.
Closing Remarks: Drafting a job transfer letter, as you have already seen is not a mean feat at all. It requires a lot of attentiveness-to-details. Moreover, you also have to factor in several points and issues. If you have never attempted to write it, you have to seek the assistance of an expert in the field to guide you out.