Education is always the key to success, as many would put it. As such, many individuals want to continue with their education to higher levels of learning such as diploma, degree, masters among others. However, upon completing your course successfully, you are always given a graduation certificate as authentication for your academic experience. Regardless of your level of education, making a graduation certificate can be easier said than done.
For this reason, we have made it simple for you by providing a step by step guide on how to make one.
How to Make a Graduation Certificate
- Note down vital information. First and foremost, you need to write down the points that only matters. Avoid unnecessary information that would otherwise flake your certificate. Some of the information you need to include is the type of the award, the name of recipient, date and place it was presented.
- Choose a suitable theme. More than anything, you need to come up with a theme that matches the occasion and the institution. One importance of a theme is that it helps you in the design process. For instance, if you are graduating from an engineering school, you’ll be able to include design elements that match engineering.
- Select your fonts/text type. Make your certificate eye-catchy by using drop-down text types or current fonts. Remember, graduation marks a landmark in a person’s life. As such, it should be as memorable as possible. Ensure you use a font that is not only appealing but complements your theme.
- Customize your template. With the current technological advancements, you are always provided with a wide range of design features from which you can choose. This can better be aided by editing software such as Microsoft Word, Adobe Photoshop to mention a few. Besides, there is an online template that is predesigned hence requires little effort to adjust.
- Proofread and print. Before you print the template, it’s recommended that you read it once more to ensure everything flows perfectly. Also, ensure your template is legible and the design matches the theme. Last but not least, the template shouldn’t be too wordy.
What to Include in a Graduation Certificate
- The name of the individual whom the certificate is being awarded for instance, “This degree affirms that the names entered below ……”
- Mention the period taken to complete the course i.e. the start date and the end date.
- Illustrate the achievement accomplished i.e. “has fulfilled a bachelor in commerce as required by the school’s faculty.”
- A statement about the award i.e. “the certificate is conferred with the rights and privileges pertaining thereto.”
- Mention the institution awarding the degree
- Make a line to be signed by respective individuals within the institution such as the head of the faculty, dean, or vice-chancellor.
Basic points for Making a Perfect Graduation Certificate
- Write the institution or organization
- Select the right dimension of the certificate
- Identify the right header type i.e. it should be black and shadowed or arched.
- Select the right font type and size
- Provide signature
- Provide the student’s name