As a student, it can be challenging to keep track of your regular classes, sports activities, projects, school work, social life, talents, as well as your homework. In fact, most students report always feeling like they ‘don’t have enough time’ because they are always on the move. Printable homework planners can take some of the pressure off by helping you plan out how and when you will do your homework. Let’s take a closer look at what these documents are and how you can use them.
What Is a Printable Homework Planner?
A printable homework planner is an organization tool that helps you define when, where, and how you will complete your school assignments. It helps you improve your time management and planning skills by helping you record and keep track of the following information:
- Names and details of your homework assignments
- Timelines within which to complete your assignments
- Due dates
- Dates for upcoming tests
- Upcoming events that could prevent you from completing your assignments
- Deadlines for paying school fees
- School holiday dates
What Is a Printable Homework Planner Template?
A printable homework planner template is a fillable table document that you can use to plan the dates and times for when you will complete your assignments.
Printable Homework Planners Templates & Examples
How to Use Your Homework Planner
Time management skills are crucial to any student because they allow you to balance your school work, be well-rested for class, complete your projects on time, and prepare adequately for tests. Here are some tips for using your homework planner to achieve these goals:
- Select a planner that is large enough to accommodate all your needs but not so large that it cannot fit in your bag properly.
- Give your planner a creative name that motivates you to follow it.
- Once you complete your planner, make it part of your daily routine and carry it with you to school. Check it every morning and every evening to make sure you are on schedule.
- Always note down your assignments as soon as the teacher gives them, including important details like due dates so that you don’t forget anything.
- Use colored papers, stickers, highlighters, and dividers to bring your planner to life and divide different sections so that you understand the content.
- Always note down information about holidays or possible events that could prevent you from completing your homework assignments on time.
Tips for Creating a Perfect Homework Planner
Printable Homework Planners require a lot of effort to create because they track all the assignments you must complete as well as their due dates. Here are some tips to keep in mind when creating your own homework planner:
- Organize your assignments into distinct categories so that you know how to prioritize them. You can do this by subject, due date, difficulty, etc.
- Choose good quality paper so that, when you print your planner, it is durable.
- Create different sheets for your planner, then arrange them in order and bind them into a notebook or binder.
- Use colors or dividers to differentiate the different sections so that you don’t have a hard time looking for one section of your planner.
- Be creative with the front cover and use paints, stickers, and colors that are uniquely your style and that will encourage you to follow your planner.
- Name the different sections of your planner according to date or subject.
- Use a stapler to bind the different sections.
Using a Notebook or a Binder as Your Homework Planner
You don’t have to create a homework planner from scratch as long as you are willing to be a little creative. Instead, you can use a binder or notebook. Here is how:
- Choose a binder of the appropriate size depending on how much space you need and how important portability is to you. You don’t want to be carrying around a heavy binder all day in school, especially if your classes are far apart.
- Determine how you would like to plan your assignments, either daily, weekly, or monthly. You don’t have to be rigid about the timelines because you can easily add new sections to a binder.
- Download a customizable printable homework planner online and add all the information you need to create a personalized planner. Once you are done, print all the sheets on good-quality paper. You can even get creative with the colors.
- Finally, insert all the printed sheets into the binder and use dividers to create appropriate categories. This will make it easier for you to spot all the different sections with ease.
- The method you use to bind the sheets will depend on the type of binder you are using.
- A notebook is different from a binder because you cannot add sheets to it and have to use the already present pages. However, it can also be a lot of fun to create a planner from.
- Start by choosing a suitable notebook whose size meets all your needs. Include your name and contact information on the cover page in case it gets lost in school.
- Next, use stickers, paints, ribbons, etc., to decorate the cover page of your notebook. Be creative here and infuse your personal style into the design.
- Determine the number of sections you need to create and divide the number of pages in the notebook by the number of sections, then use dividers to partition the book.
- Label each section using printed or handwritten labels.
- Print out a calendar and attach it to the first page of your notebook.
- Use the pages to create daily, weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly planning sheets.
What is an assignment planner?
An assignment planner is an organization tool that allows you to plan out the methodology and approach you will use to complete individual assignments.
What is the best app for homework planning?
The answer will depend on what you are looking for in a planner. That said, the top 5 options are:
- MyHomework Student Planner
- The Homework App
- My Study Life
Does Google have a homework app?
Google for Education has an Assignments app that you can use to track your assignments. You can also access other homework planners like MyHomework on Google Play.
It can be difficult to see just how you will manage to complete all your assignments, project, and school work while still doing your chores at home and going for cello practice. Printable Homework Planners will prevent your assignments from piling by keeping track of all the work you need to do and when it needs to be completed. By using it, you can at least bring order to one aspect of your student life.