Every business needs to have a visual image of its processes or even a decision it wants to make. Having to visualize these processes/ decisions make it possible to have a clear flow of each decision and process before commencing them or making the decision. This saves time and ensures proper use of available resources. Having a Flowchart before starting any production activity, event or making a decision, therefore, becomes a necessity as it guides in knowing what to do next and at what time.
There are various examples of flow charts that are used, these includes:
Blank Flow Chart Template For Word
This chart is created using Microsoft Word. Shapes and different lines found in Microsoft word allow one to design rudimentary flowchart which breaks a decision or a process into small manageable sections that can be visually displayed.
PowerPoint contains shapes, Smart Art Graphics and even ready-made templates that make the creation of flowcharts easy. This enables businesses to easily design and modify business diagrams, models, tasks, and processes sequences when necessary.
Flow Chart Template For PowerPoint
If you want to create a flowchart template online, it will be easy to use Microsoft Excel. This is because Excel has a large number of flowchart templates that can be well suited to match what you want. This will not be difficult for you to graphically represent the step by step visual image for your business process or for your decision.
Flow Chart Template For Excel
This flowchart is a graphical or symbolic representation of elements or steps included in a process decision-making to help in understanding the process in a simple and better clear way. Each step in the process making is accompanied by a short statement describing how to achieve each the step. This enables the business employee and project managers to clearly understand the steps so as to achieve the required objective.
Process Flow Chart Template
Whether you are facing a problem that you need to make a decision, a decision flowchart will help you visualize all the possible solutions for the problem and the consequences that may arise from making a certain decision. This helps a business to solve a problem in a professional manner.
Decision Flowchart Template
Importance of using flowcharts
- Planning for a new project: Flowchart is used by software designers and engineers when mapping a new project that involves a sequence of steps and decisions.
- Process documentation: Flowcharts help businesses to document external and internal requirements, this enables them to easily comply with necessary requirements and also provide a more efficient and effective way of documentation compared to written documents.
- Workflow management: By focusing on human task orientation and process integration flowcharts acts as systems used in workflow management. They do so by creating quality and consistent outputs that are based on the procedures set.
- Business modeling process: By using Event-driven process chain (EPC); a kind of flowchart, businesses can easily predict the outcome of a decision/ process and also maintain process consistency.
- Management of data: Specialized flowcharts for example Data flow diagrams (DFD) are used in bridging the gap between users and developers by using connectors and symbols to bring out ideas and processes clearly.