Mother's and Father's Day Gift Certificate Templates
It was Sonora Dodd, in 1910 who was the first to suggest a special day for fathers everywhere, but it took until 1924 for U.S. president Calvin Coolidge to make it a national celebration. As for Mother’s Day, well its history is a bit more ancient. In fact, Mother’s Day saw its first appearance in ancient Greece, as her followers paid homage to Rhea, the Mother of all Greek Gods. However, it was not until 1914 when president Woodrow Wilson gave the okay for the first “official” Mother’s Day observance in the U.S. Since then, we’ve been celebrating the tremendous love and respect we have for our Moms and Dads. It’s this special day which gives us the opportunity to say how much we love and cherish them.
Why a Gift Certificate for Mother’s or Father’s Day?
- Mom and Dad Can Choose Just What They Want! When it comes to showing appreciation for what your parents have done for you, there’s no better time than on their special holidays: Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. Since these are such special days, don’t you think it would be nice that they received exactly what they wanted? So, do we, and that’s why we’ve come up with these professionally designed Mother’s and Father’s Day Gift Certificates.
- Personal Touch. Tired of gifting the same old thing? Dad gets a tie or golf balls, and mom some kitchen ware. If this sounds like you, then know that the gift certificate template is your chance to offer your Mom and Dad something special. These Mother’s and Father’s Day Gift Certificates not only allow mom and dad to purchase what it is they really want, but also give a personal touch. For instance, you will personally select the design of the gift certificate, plus you can sign it, just like you would a Mother’s Day or Father’s Day card!
- Great for Sending Long Distance or Last Moment Gifts. If you live far from Mom and Dad, simply choose a template, customize it and send it off in the postal mail, or even to their email. This eliminates the need, hassle and added expense of shopping for a gift, boxing it and paying to have it shipped out to them, plus they can use the certificate to get exactly what they want. Finally, there’s the issue of procrastination or simply forgetting about the holiday. If you’ve been caught unawares, and that special day is just around the corner, downloading and customizing a gift certificate template can be done right on the spot, so saves you a bit of embarrassment, or coming across as if you just don’t care.
Now that we’ve got your attention, and you see just how simple and easy it is to create a customizable gift certificate, we’ll go over some important, key points. These key points refer to what you should have on your gift certificate template. However, please note that you might not use all of them. For instance, if you don’t have a brand, you’ll skip the logo, and so on. However, pay attention to the necessary parts such as the dollar amount, “To” and “From” lines.
- Descriptive Title – This tells your recipient what and where the certificate if for
- Appropriate lines – “To” and “From” lines
- Logo – This is important only if you wish to popularize your brand. For instance, say you’re a spa owner and are downloading a certain amount of Christmas Gift Certificates to pass out to customers.
- Contact Information if applicable
- Expiration date and terms and conditions if applicable
- A tracking number – This code is necessary if you download a sizable lot of Christmas Gift Certificate templates and are looking to ensure no fraud occurs.
When you browse our Mother’s and Father’s Day templates, you’ll come to realize just how practical and attractive they are. Each one is designed to put forth the spirit of the day, whether it’s flowers for Mom, or sports for Dad. By offering you such a wide assortment of certificates, you can be certain to find the one that suits the personality of your Mom or Dad. Also, please remember that when you browse our selections keep in mind how you’d like to customize them. For example, say you’re thinking of putting a cute picture of mom’s toy poodle on the certificate. if so, then search for a template design that will compliment that image.
Most definitely, and that is half the fun! Once you take a look at our assortment of Mother’s and Father’s Day Gift Certificates, you’ll be able to select the perfect choice. Depending on how handy you are with a graphics editing program, you’ll be able to add photos, change colors, and much more! You may also include some personal notes, a place for your signature, and so on. After all, these are highly customizable, so take advantage of that and create a memory in the process.
This is the easy part. All you need do is to download your chosen template to your PC. Next, open it up in MS Word, or your favorite paint program. Open your downloaded template and begin to have some fun customizing! You can alter colors, add pictures, change font styles and sizes. In fact, if you want, you can even change the size of the certificate. Simply treat it as you would any other document.
Once you are finished, just click save and print! When you save it as a jpg or png, make certain to check that it’s the size you want, and that it is 300 dpi. 300 dip means 300 dots per inch, which gives you a higher resolution. There’s no need to go higher than that. For a really nice touch, you can print the certificate out on some nice, specialty paper. You can also email the gift certificate to someone you love, so they can print it out at their leisure!