Apology letter to your roommate is simply a letter you write to say sorry to your roommate for something you did, which offended him or her. At one given point in your life, you will have to apologize to your roommate if you want to maintain a rapport with him or her. It doesn’t add up to share a room with someone without talking to them and have fun.
If such seizes, you might have to come down apologize. We got some samples for you.
How to Apologize to Your Roommate
If you have realized that you did wrong to your roommate and you would want to apologize, this is how to go about it:
- Acknowledge your actions. It all starts by you acknowledging that you made a mistake. Maybe you used what does not belong to you in the room, or you failed to do your responsibility. When apologizing, you are not trying to hide anything. Acknowledge what wrong you deed.
- Be responsible for the mistake. Take responsibility for what you did. It is not the time for the blame game. It would make no sense if you talked about what the other person also did. Just take responsibility and apologize. If it arouses guilt on the roommate, he or she will apologize as well.
- Say sorry. It is possible that some people can talk about what wrong they did, without getting down to apologize. If you do this, you will be wasting your time. In the letter, be definite to say sorry or say that you are apologizing for this or that.
- Ask for how to amend the whole issue. What you have done to your roommate may be amendable, but you do not want to offend further. Therefore, ask him or her what you can do to make up the whole thing for them. Do not do anything as it could lead to more offense.
- Promise to change. Your apology will make no sense if you cannot get down to change. When apologizing, what comes in the minder of your partner is what are you planning to do. A repetition of an offense hurts more than the first offense. Therefore, promise to change. In this, you are just promising a mature manner of dealing with issues.
- Ask for forgiveness. It is your responsibility to apologize and the responsibility of the other person to forgive you. Do not assume that it will be automatic. Ask your roommate to consider it in his heart to forgive you. You can ask, ‘Do you forgive me?’ and give them time to think about it.
Apology Letter for Not Paying Lease
I know this won’t sound well to you but am sorry I have to break the lease early. I know I am placing you on some unnecessary charges for the next three months. However, I had to do this since I am deferring from my course till next year. However, I promise to pay for an extra one month to help you in feeling the space.
My effort is, however, not enough to take us back to our agreement. If there is anything that I can do to make everything sound better, kindly let me know.
Apology to Roommate for Not Cleaning
I am sorry that I have relaxed from doing my portion of cleaning. I have realized that you have not been happy with the whole thing as much as you have been doing the dishes and the mopping alone on my behalf. Thank you for your effort towards keeping our room clean.
I have to admit that I am sorry. I have come up with a reminder schedule to ensure that I keep my responsibility and not to burden you anymore.
Apology to Roommate for Late Payments
I am sorry that for the last one month I have not been making a payment towards out utilities. Thank you for being caring enough to pay even my share. However, I am not happy that this has to happen. Am sorry for putting you into the extra cost.You truly do not deserve such a lifestyle. I promise that this will never happen again.