When small disputes give rise to larger misunderstandings and bad feelings, these are times when only an apology letter to your girlfriend will do. You love her, but sometimes things just ‘happen’, words get misconstrued, and feeling become hurt. Sadly, sometimes issues which seem so small can actually contribute to destroying a relationship to the point where you lose the love of your life. Writing an apology letter to your girlfriend can help end this, and put you both on the road to happiness, a road where both of you will find yourself laughing at the incident, many decades from now.
Here are some sample letters to help you.
Apology Letter to Girlfriend After Lying
Lying to you about the fact that I purchased that stereo equipment by using your ‘cookie jar’ money was wrong. I am totally responsible for taking the money from you, and heartily ask for your forgiveness. I deeply apologize to you from the bottom of my very soul.
Living without you in my life these past few days as been as if I were adrift in a lonely void, with no one for company but my loathsome self. I need your smile, I need your warmth, I need to know again the touch of your skin against mine.
I will do everything within my power to make it up to you. I will leave the terms of our reconciliation up to you and do whatever you ask. When I found out the money was for your mother’s birthday celebration in June, the bottom just fell out of my heart. I am so sick with concern, that I am at your mercy.
I have returned the stereo equipment for a full refund, which I have enclosed in this letter. I am currently grieving, alone on my couch with my cat Buford. I am most certain that he misses your gentle touch as much as I do. If only I could have one more chance, I will make it up to you, I will be a better man. I will make you the center of my world, I will make you happy.
Please let me know my love, what else I can do to win back your trust, your love and friendship. I’ve been a man lost on an island, a man who has waded and drowned in the pool of regret for much too long. I need you to come and fish my heart from the swamp of despair and find a place for me in your life again.
Apology Letter to Girlfriend for Hurting Her
My dearest love, these last few days without you has transformed me from a strong man of will, to one of sadness and despair. I am sorry for saying that I did not like your cooking. It was wrong. You are in pain and rightfully so, for it was I that committed the error, you are as innocent and pure as the morning dew, shimmering in the sunlight.
I miss the brilliance of your smile, I yearn for the touch of your hand, and I ache for the fragrance of your perfume. Allow me the honor of making it up to you in any way you see fit. My love of loves, without you in my world, I feel as if I cannot go on. It’s as if I have left me heart and soul in a jar, and placed it within a dark, dank and lonely cupboard on a faraway deserted island.
Without you in my life, there is no life. I do not exist. I cannot imagine living one more day without you by my side. To simply say “I am sorry” is not enough. These past few nights, I’ve cried myself to sleep.
I remember how you stood by me when I had that fight with my mother, how you took my side and never let me down. You did not sway, nothing could make you alter your mind, that no matter what, as my love you saw fit to stand by my side. I remember when you got out of bed at 3 a.m. to come downtown to pick me up when my car stalled. All of these things, plus so many others prove that I am not worthy of a love as pure as yours.
There can be no other woman to grace my life but you. I am so, so, so sorry that I acted as I did. I did not understand then, but I do now. I promise I will never make the same mistake again. I promise to uphold our love to the nth degree, and honor and cherish you all the days of our life together.
Thank you for attending to this message. I do not deserve your forgiveness for such a terrible statement, but yet, I ask you for it. If you can see fit to forgive a wretch such as I, then I will make a difference. I will be a better man, for I cannot risk losing you again, my dearest love.
Apology Letter to Girlfriend After a Fight
I find myself in tears my love. I was wrong to have confronted you in such a manner, and you were totally in the right for calling me on it. You were not at fault, and never were. It was my stupid male pride that bid me to say such horrid, stupid and silly things.
The heat of passion can cause us to say words which we cannot take back. When we fought Saturday night, over which restaurant to attend, it was I who shoulders the blame. I know you are a vegan who does not eat meat, so to demand we go to a steakhouse was a vicious thing to do to you. I realize how strongly you feel about such things, and I wish to heaven that I did not fight to have my way.
Indeed, I acted as if I was a spoiled baby, demanding to have their favorite toy. I behaved like a spoiled child, stomping because they could not stay up past bedtime. It was as if I was a grown man in diapers, crying and whining because he could not have his way, especially when deep down, I knew I was wrong.
it is not my job to test you, train you, or force you to like what I like. It is my job to ensure your happiness, understand and love you for the magnificent woman that you are.
To always have your back, to defend you from the slings and arrows others may lodge at you. To be forceful in our love, and to be your shield in all things, not some overgrown toddler who cries and screams when he cannot have his way.
it is for these reasons, and so much more, that I humbly ask for your forgiveness. I wish to love you, to hold you and to be yours again. I am hoping beyond hope that you will see fit to accomodate me in your life once again, where I can bask in the joy of your love.
Apology Letter to Girlfriend for Accusing Her of Cheating
Dear Beloved, I am lost and beyond all hope. My passion for you misconstrued the situation at hand. I am so sorry. I understand how you must feel. The astonishment and indignation you are feeling at this very moment must be monumental, and it’s all due to my insufferable inability to see the truth, and only believe a lie–a lie my mind created, that had nothing to do with the truth you represent. To be falsely accused of cheating when you were, in fact, loyal to me. It was my intense feelings of love for you that betrayed me, not you.
I’m in so much pain at the moment, knowing that I have messed things up to the point of no return. However, perhaps there is a return? Perhaps there is the smallest chance that you will come to realize that it was my profound love for you that caused me to turn in such a horrible and despicable way? I’ve caused you much to hurt with this action, and for that I am profoundly sad, and my heart is weary.
I so wish to see you, to look upon your lovely face, to hold you in my arms once again. Alas, not a moment goes by that I do not mourn for the loss of our love. Please tell me that it is not too late to mend this most frightful event. Please tell me that we may again embrace one another under the moonlight, to sleep again under the stars, our souls entwined in the mystical light of the moon.
I hope beyond hope, that this entreaty to your heart is not too late, that you still have some feelings left for me. Never again, will I be able to face the reflection knowing that I have wronged you in such a manner. Over and over again, I ask myself how I could have been so weak. I have no answer. Only that it was my love for you that drove me to the point of no return.
I promise from the depth of my soul, that I’ll never again falsely accuse you of anything, that I’ll always admire you, love you and consider you my better half, that you complete me. I’ll always be there for you, loving you and protecting you in good times and bad.
I humbly ask that you forgive a silly and stupid man for what he has done to you. I’ll do whatever you ask in order to make our love a perfect on, if you only give me another chance. Whatever you decide, my love, I’ll accept, for your wish is my command.
Apology Letter to Girlfriend for Cheating
There is no easy way to begin this, no easy way to admit that what you are now aware of, is in fact real. Looking back, it seems impossible that I could have been guilty of such a travesty, such a horrible act. However, it occurred, I was not loyal, and I did cheat on you with another woman, when in reality I was in love with you. I understand your pain, your sadness and your feeling of emptiness at my betrayal.
When we first met, it was I who promised you lifelong love and devotion, yet I took that and broke it into a million pieces. You have a right to feel the way that you do. You are completely in the right to see me as a cowardly piece of filth, a lowlife, a chunk of useless flesh, and you would be right. I am nothing more than a wet rag soaked in despair for what I have done to you.
If the tables were turned, I’d be a mad man, filled with anger, so I can only imagine the anger and pain you are going through as you put your faith and trust in me to always do the right thing. I put myself in your shoes and force myself to see the situation through the window of your eyes. I am ashamed. Ashamed to have sullied me with such a woman, yet it was not her fault, it was mine. The entire situation was mine, I claim it and own it.
This ‘fling’ was born out of a fear of commitment, I know that now. My love, know that I am doing everything in my power to ensure that this will never happen again. When you stormed out of the apartment, I immediately went to the internet and signed up for a counseling session, as my proof to you that I am working on bettering myself so that this will never occur again. Please know that I am in love with you, that I want only you.
If the tables were turned, I’d be a mad man, filled with anger, so I can only imagine the anger and pain you are going through as you put your faith and trust in me to always do the right thing. Living these past few days without you in my life has torn my soul to shreds. I am a man without a home, a man without love, a man without you.
I do not deserve your forgiveness my love, but yet I crawl in front of you, on hands and knees, begging for it…wanting you back into my life. I’ve learned a terrible lesson, one that shall never be repeated. Please consider me again. I love you and my life is now in your hands.
Apology Letter for Hurt Feelings
Apology Letter to Girlfriend After Fight
Apology Letter to Girlfriend for Ignoring Her
Sample Apology Letter to Girlfriend for Lying
Sample Apology Letter to Girlfriend for Cheating
How To Write an Apology Letter to Your Girlfriend
- Remember that your girlfriend is going through a period of hurt and even distrust. So, begin your letter by stating that you acknowledge her pain. Let her know that you recognize how she feels, and that her feelings are what matter.
- Next, state your regrets regarding the situation. Mention how sorry you are that this all transpired the way that it did and add that you desire to make things right.
- The entire apology letter should be written honestly, with no indirect language. It should be straightforward. Such a letter reinforces trust, and that’s just what you need right now. You need to re-establish the trust that may have been lost between you.
- State that you are fully responsible for your actions. Ask your girlfriend to forgive you, but do not demand forgiveness. Make sure that you tell her that you are willing to do what it takes to ensure that whatever happened, will not happen again.
What to Avoid When Writing Sorry Letter to Girlfriend
- Never demand that your girlfriend accept your apology, nor demand a response.
- Never make the apology about you. Instead, write it from your girlfriend’s perspective.
- Do not suggest that the issue is ‘not a big deal’. It is the big deal to your girlfriend, so treat it as such.
- Never include any indirect language. Avoid any and all language that comes across as passive-aggressive.
- Do not suggest that she is partly to blame for this. You must take full responsibility.
- Your apology letter should only be about the said incident, do not include reference to any other incidents.
- Never wait too long before you write the apology letter. The letter should be written soon after the incident.
- Do not include any jokes or silliness in your apology letter. The tone must be one of ultimate sincerity.
Tips for Writing an Apology Letter to Girlfriend
- Begin your apology letter by stating that yes, you did hurt her. This shows that you own your actions and are responsible for them, and the consequences they caused. All statements are to be direct and reflect your responsibility. For instance, never use the following statement: “I’m sorry IF my actions caused you pain.” There is no IF’s or BUT’s about it, your actions did cause her pain, so revise the sentence to read: I’m sorry I said you were a bad cook”. Consider your girlfriend and how she saw the incident, not you. Write the response with her in mind, that you acknowledge her feelings, and never wait too long to compose the letter.
- State how sorry you are for the pain caused by your actions, and that now you wish to change things. Please do not act as if your actions were innocent or mean nothing. Do not rationalize your actions.
- Enforce your feelings with regard of her importance to you in your life. Make her the center of the letter, not you. Here, you are to emphasize her importance, and if possible, include any examples of how she has made your life better.
- Ask her for your forgiveness in the above matter. State that you are ready and willing to do anything to prove you are sincere, that it will not happy again.
- Your apology letter should never by a Microsoft Word printout. It needs to be written by hand.
- The words you use should be concise and to the point. Honesty is extremely important here. Eliminate any and all rationalizations. If you are dishonest in any way, and she finds out? Then of course she has even more reason to be upset.
- Be certain to show your girlfriend that you are aware of why she is upset, and how your actions hurt her.
- Never demand to be forgiven. Do not expect to be forgiven, and don’t use this letter as a personal soapbox as to why she should sympathize with you.