Apology letter for coming late in office is written to express regret for not making it to work on time. When your lateness causes problem, the best way to fix the situation is to write an apology letter as soon as possible. This shows your willingness to amend any problem caused.
Going to work 5 days or more a week during one’s career may not be easy. Each day comes with the uncertainty of what will happen. With many hours and years spent on attending our duties, it is unavoidable that one day you will go to work late. At that particular day, you will need to write a letter to your boss apologizing for being late. If you are in this situation and you are having a headache trying to figure out how to do it, don’t worry we have sample apology letter for coming late in office that will help you.
How to Write an Apology Letter for Being Late at Work
- Lay an account for the situation. Describe the reason that led to you not making it to the office at the right time. This reason must be straight and genuine. State the details about the time you were expected in the office and the time you got to the office.
- Acknowledge the damage caused. State the inconvenience that was cause by your lateness. This could be inconveniencing the client, the management or your colleagues.
- Accept that you are responsible. Acknowledge that you know that you are the one at fault and you are sincerely sorry. Let the one you are writing to know that you did not do it intentionally, but it was due to circumstances that were unavoidable.
- Describe the situation that led to your lateness. Do this without giving too many excuses. Be straight forward in your reason. Too many excuses may lead to making the person you are writing to think that you are hiding something or even think that you are not genuine.
- Promise that it won’t happen again. Do this by stating that you have taken all the necessary measures to make sure that this mistake does not happen again.
- Use a simple statement to express your regret. For example, you can state that your mistake has let the company and the client down and you regret that.
- State the measures you are going to take to amend any inconveniences caused. If you have inconvenienced a client, you can amend this mistake by emailing the client, if the inconvenience delayed some results at work, you can say that you will work on the mistake as soon as possible.
Apology Letter for Being Late at Work
Swick Hill Street
Manager, Bright Security
4758 Swick Hill Street
I am truly sorry for failing to make it to the office on time. This is quite unprofessional of me. I have especially inconvenienced my team who were waiting for me to do a presentation before they go to their respective work station. Please accept my apology for this action.
I am well aware that punctuality is very important for better results at work and as the head of the team I should lead by example. I was coming to work and along the way an accident happened that blocked the road for 20 minutes, causing me to arrive to the office 30 minutes later.
I have learned from this and I have purposed to be leaving the house at least 30 minutes earlier than I normally do to make sure that this mistake does not happen again. I have talked to the team players and I have rescheduled the meeting to tomorrow morning to make sure that we cover what was supposed to be covered today.
I am sorry for letting the management and my colleagues down. I promise this will not happen again. Kindly accept my apology.
Sample Apology Letter for Coming Late in Office
(Boss Full Name)
Dear (Boss Full Name),
I deeply apologize for showing up two hours late at work. My car broke down and I had to wait for my friend to come and pick me up. I am so sorry for inconveniencing both you and my colleagues.
I promise that this will not repeat in future as I have set up protocols to ensure it doesn’t. I appreciate your understanding and patience and would like to meet up with you so as we can discuss how I can make up for the two hours I was late.
(Your Full Name)
Sample Apology Letter for Being Late to Work Because of Traffic
(Boss Full Name)
Dear (Boss Full Name),
Please accept my sincere apology for showing to work late on (00/00/0000). It was so unfortunate that the road(s) I used to travel to work (Mention them) was/ were closed due to (give the reason) without prior notice. This made me use a different route which was heavily congested causing me to be an hour and a half late. I deeply regret letting you and my colleagues down I promise that I will take necessary measure to ensure I don’t repeat it in future. I will extend my duties after work to compensate for the time lost.
(Your Full Name)
( Your Position)
Apology Letter for Coming Late in Office Meeting
How to Send Your Apology Letter
There is always the option of sending the letter by mail or hand delivery. However, apology for getting to the office late needs to be addressed in urgency therefore making email the best way to do it.
Apologizing through email uses the same format with the letter format. The salutation, body of the message and signature remains the same as the letter format. Make sure you avoid using emoticons or stylized fonts, the mail should be formal. Proof read the mail before sending it to correct any spelling or punctuation mistakes.
Purpose of Apology Letter for Coming Late in Office
An apology letter helps to explain why you are late for work, an important meeting or interview. It gives an assurance to the boss that you acknowledge you messed up activities and have taken necessary measures to ensure that you don’t repeat the mistake.