At times you may be more than willing to attend a wedding, but due to unavoidable circumstances, you fail to get time for the event. In such circumstances, you need to write an apology letter for not attending a wedding to convey your apologies to the couple. If you can’t write a letter, you can write a sorry message for not attending a wedding and sent the message to the couple accompanied by your wedding gift.
Sending an apology for failing to attend weddings is the best way to show them you were willing to be part of their great day, but a circumstance couldn’t allow you.
Apology letter format for not attending a wedding
Dear (recipient’s name),
I appreciate your invitation to be one of the special guests at your wedding; unfortunately, I will not make it for the event since (indicate the reason).
I can imagine I wouldn’t be at your wedding. Congrats on your special day and I wish you the best for the day. May the day be filled with unlimited joy and celebrations I will visit you soon after your honeymoon.
(Name of the sender)
Sample apology letter for not attending wedding
Dear (Recipient Name),
I am delighted to hear about your wedding in the coming two weeks. Finding a suitable partner is a blessing from God. Accept my sincere best wishes on this occasion.
Though I desire to be part of this great occasion, please accept my apologies for I will be out of the country for a business conference in New York. I know what my absence means; thus, I will visit you immediately am back. Were it not for the conference; I wouldn’t miss the event.
You are in my prayers, and may you enjoy the day and the wedded life.
Sorry messages for not attending a wedding
- My lovely couple: please accept my apologies that I won’t make it for your wedding this coming weekend. I will be away from town for a business meeting, but I will visit you immediately am back.
- Dear couple, please accept this text as an apology for missing your wedding. I was caught up in an urgent emergency meeting in our office; sorry for my absence.
- Via this text, I apologize for not attending your wedding though I had prepared to be part of your guests. My son was involved in an accident at school; thus, I had to take him to the hospital.
- Kindly forgive me for failing to attend your wedding. Due to an emergency at home, I could not make it for the event. I wish you a day filled with excitement and joy.
- My dearest nephew, I know it hurts for your only uncle to miss your wedding. Kindly accept my apologies. My flight to Chicago was canceled due to bad weather, but I will join you later in the evening for celebrations.
- Cheers and congratulations to my friends at your wedding. I am sad I could not attend your wedding. My son had an emergency. I will visit your soonest. Congratulations.
- Please accept my apologies for not attending your great day. My mum was taken ill, and I had to rush her to the hospital. You are a perfect match. I wish you the best on your wedding day.
- I’m sincerely sorry for missing your wedding. My trip from London was canceled at the last minute. Congrats and cheers on your great day.
- Sorry for missing your wedding. I was eager to witness your wedding in the beautiful islands of Malta But unfortunately, my hotel booking was canceled. Congratulations.
- I seek an apology for not attending your wedding. I had made plans to attend, but unfortunately, I got the dates wrong. I must confess you had a great day looking at pictures. I wish you the best in married life.
- I’m sad to have missed your wedding. I can imagine how beautiful the day was. Anyway, congratulations, and may you enjoy the rest of your lives.
- Accept my sincere apologies for missing your great day. I trust your wedding was successful and you enjoyed every bit. Congratulations.
- Though I had planned to attend your wedding I was caught up at our daughter’s school meeting. I wish i were there to witness my dearest friend walking down the aisle. Cheers to you all.
- Though it pains me to know that I didn’t make it for your wedding, the fact that you’re now a couple brings me joy. Congratulations.
- I hope your wedding was as charming as you’re. Sorry I couldn’t attend the wedding. My grandma was ill; thus, I had to take her to her doctor. Cheers!
- I must admit you’re the loveliest couple I have ever encountered. Sorry I didn’t attend your wedding due to an emergency at work. Please accept my apologies.
- My heartfelt regrets for missing your wedding. I was out of the country for a while, but I will visit your soonest. Congratulations.
- I know you’ll find it gad to forgive me for failing to attend your wedding. I deserve the punishment. My flight to the venue was canceled. I wish you a joyful married life.
- Were it not for the wretched plane, I would have been a witness as you walked down the aisle. Congrats on your excellent and beautiful day.
- The pictures are a testimony of how beautiful your wedding was. It unfortunate I was caught up in a business meeting that lasted for centuries. Best wishes on this great occasion.
- Though I had planned to witness your wedding, I’m in bed with a viral infection. Please accept my apologies. I will visit your soon after your honeymoon.
- I feel horrible to miss your wedding. We had traveled for a work tour, but unfortunately, we will not be in town before the end of the week. Please accept my apologies.
- I’m sad I couldn’t be available to share your happiness on your wedding. Please do me a favor; forgive me.
- I ask for forgiveness for missing your beautiful wedding party. I will give my reasons when we meet. Best wishes for your married life.