Apology letter for missing an appointment for waive fee is a way of expressing regret for failing to attend a meeting and requesting for consideration on missed appointment waiving fee. The letter is purposed to explain the reasons why you failed making it to the appointment as well as saying sorry for the action. You can also include any step that you intend to take to correct the mistake.
Writing this letter may not be so easy. A person can get confused on the best way to express how they feel about the mistake in writing. To make things easier and simpler, it is important to use a sample letter.
Elements of Apology Letter for Missing an Appointment
- The purpose. State the purpose of the letter, which is apology for missing an appointment for, waive fee. For example, “please accept my apology for missing an appointment and kindly consider waiving the missed appointment fee”
- Explain the reason. State the reason that caused you to miss the appointment. For example, “I totally forgot about the appointment, I just remembered late in the evening and could not do anything about it by then”
- State why you did not take any action, like calling to inform about the reason that caused you to attend the meeting. For example, “the time I remembered about it was late and after office hours, I could not have called then”
- State what you would do to amend the mistake. For example, “I kindly request for waiving fee for missing the appointment”
- Promise not to repeat the mistake again in future. You can do this by stating the measures you have put in place to make sure that the mistake will not be repeated in future. For example, “I will be setting a reminder for meetings in future to avoid the mistake happening again”
Apology Letter Format for Missing an Appointment [waive fee]
I am sincerely sorry for missing my appointment on [state date]. I totally forgot about it and I had not set a reminder to remind me about it.
I am so sorry about it and I have set a reminder in my phone and calendar to make sure that the mistake does not happen again in future.
I am aware of the inconveniences that were caused by my absence to you and your team. Please consider my apology and kindly consider waiving the missed appointment fee. I thank you for your consideration.
Sample Apology Letter/Email for Missing an Appointment
Dear Mr. Samson,
This is to sincerely express my regret for missing the appointment that was scheduled for 00/00/00 at 10 am. I totally forgot about it and had not set any reminder on it. I am so sorry about it.
I got so busy in the office with so much work on closing the financial year. I remembered so much later in the evening about the appointment.
It was way after the office hours so I could not have called to explain myself.
I am sorry for all the inconveniences that I cause you and the team in your office that was expecting me. Please accept my apologies and consider waiving the missed appointment fee. I have set reminders on my phone and calendar for the upcoming appointments to make sure that this mistake does not happen again in future.
I thank you for your consideration.
Tips for Writing the Letter
Focus on the purpose
The recipient is already aware that you missed the appointment and it was wrong to do it. The only thing the recipient wants to hear now is how you feel about this mistake. Focus on this so that you can be specific on your purpose of writing.
Own your mistake
Do not start putting blame on another person. Apologize for your mistake without using another person. For example, don’t say that your secretary forgot to remind you about the appointment, instead, just say that you forgot about it.
Don’t put feelings in it
This means that you must apologize even if you don’t like the person you are apologizing to. In such a case, imagine the person as a friend. The other best way to avoid putting feelings in it is to make sure that the letter is professional. Remain professional in your letter.
Apologize on time
Do not take too long before you apologize. Taking too long may cause more harm on the recipient. It will paint an image of ignorance on you. Once you realize you are on the wrong, take immediate step of sending your apology. The chances of your apology being considered is by doing it as soon as possible.